Ohio Family Distraught After Botched Police Raid Lands 17-Month-Old in Hospital


An Ohio family finds themselves grappling with the aftermath of a police raid gone awry, leading to a 17-month-old toddler being rushed to the intensive care unit. 

The family claims that a case of mistaken identity resulted in a traumatic experience that left their special-needs child, Waylon, with severe injuries.

Elyria Police Raid Raises Concerns After Flashbang Operation

On January 10, Elyria, Ohio, police executed a raid on the family’s residence, deploying flashbangs that shattered windows and engulfed the home in smoke. 

Courtney Price, who was at home with her son during the raid, recounted the terrifying ordeal in a Facebook post, describing how the flashbang hit Waylon, covering him in glass and causing significant distress.

Surveillance footage captured the intense Ohio police operation, contradicting some aspects of the official police statement. While police assert that two flashbangs were deployed outside the home to distract suspects, the family claims one was thrown through a window, directly impacting the toddler.

Waylon, who already faced medical complications, suffered from the effects of the smoke, with burns to his eyes, body, and lungs. 

The child, dependent on a ventilator, required additional oxygen and heightened medical attention following the incident. The family asserted that Waylon was left in the smoke for an extended period before receiving medical assistance.

Related Posts

DeSantis Keeps Pundits Guessing with Term Limit Push and…

Tennessee Shocking Crime: Roommate’s Hammer Assault…

Ohio Police Deny Negligence in Toddler’s Chemical Pneumonitis Controversy

An Ohio family finds themselves grappling with the aftermath of a police raid gone awry, leading to a 17-month-old toddler being rushed to the intensive care unit.


Ohio Police deny allegations of negligence, emphasizing that flashbangs do not contain chemical agents. However, Waylon’s mother contends that the child experienced chemical pneumonitis, an inflammation of the lungs caused by inhaling chemical fumes.

The family argues that the raid was intended for a previous resident, a teenager who no longer lived at the address. This marks the fifth time in a year that the police have visited the home looking for the same individual. 

Despite claims of mistaken identity, the police maintain that the address on the warrant matches the residence and the investigation leading to the warrant is ongoing.

Outraged by the incident, the family seeks accountability and demands an acknowledgment of the trauma inflicted on their innocent child. 

Waylon, though moved out of the ICU on January 12, remains hospitalized, adding another layer of distress to a family already coping with the challenges of raising a special-needs child.

As questions surround the circumstances of the raid, the community and advocates call for a thorough investigation and transparency in addressing this disturbing case of mistaken identity.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.