There will always be security holes, but you can escape them by making sure your apps are secure. This piece lists 5 well-known WordPress security solution providers that also give away free SSL certificates.
Security is an important part of making software applications. There is a lot of open source and private software on the internet today that can be used to make apps. Hackers can get into open-source software. Cybercriminals can get into both open source and closed source software.
businesses that make proprietary software and businesses that use open source software both fix bugs as soon as possible to keep their customers and put out patches right away. Open-source software, on the other hand, lets you use a third-party library, while private software doesn’t. Hackers can get into open-source apps from this point.
One of the most well-known open-source CMS (Content Management System) programs is WordPress. WordPress is loved by both developers and end users. However, WordPress has a lot of security holes. People who want to hack WordPress usually use WordPress plugins and themes, since not all of them are safe to use.
That’s why you need to pay attention to safety issues. That’s why this piece is going to teach us about WordPress Security Solutions.
What does SSL mean?
SSL is used to send data from the client to the server safely. SSL is short for “secure sockets layer.”
Let us say you have a website where you sell things. A customer puts it in their shopping cart and tries to pay with a credit or debit card. The information for the credit or debit card will be typed into a text field on the page.
Hackers who are trying to get into your website can see the information you type in the text area if you are not using SSL. Credit card information is protected on the client side when SSL is used. It is decrypted on the server side using the SSL certificate’s private key.
You can send user info from the client device to the server safely with SSL. SSL is just HTTPS. Once you set up SSL, your computer will show HTTPS. The SSL that was set up for the website is shown in the next picture.
If your site doesn’t have SSL, it will look like this:
Search engines give websites that have SSL put more weight. Having an SSL makes you more visible in SEO as well. Google makes sure that SSL is used for SEO reasons.
This piece lists 5 well-known WordPress security service providers that also give away free SSL certificates.
Strattic gives us a WordPress static site that is quick, safe, and scalable. By cutting your live website off from WordPress and making an offline site, Strattic does its job. By making static sites, Strattic improves speed for businesses and can be up to 50 times faster when it’s busy.
You heard that right. The site doesn’t change. As a result, your WordPress site becomes a basic site, which is much faster and safer. Payoneer, Resident, HoneyBook, OCHA, Sony, Big Orange Heart, and Coralogix are just a few of the well-known companies that use Strattic.
- You can test the static site’s speed for free for 30 days.
- A fast and very safe CDN for a basic site.
- Protect against DDoS threats.
- Get free SSL keys from AWS.
- The price starts at USD 45 a month.
- If you sign up for a year, you get two months for free.
- No limits on storage or speed.
In the hosting business, BlueHost is a well-known and famous name. They offer a range of services, including WordPress hosting, VPS hosting, dedicated hosting, cloud hosting, and shared hosting.
They have very low prices and give better service for the same price as other companies. There are also more protection options for WordPress sites, good customer service, and more information to help you understand how things work and what problems can happen.
- For one year, the site is free.
- No cost SSL keys.
- With one click, WordPress is set up.
- The price starts at $2.75 a month.
- Better cPanel.
- Money-back promise for 30 days.
Hostinger gives us the same service that BlueHost does. They have helped 29 million people from 179 countries since 2004. Their WordPress hosting is optimized, fast, safe, and scalable, and the design is easy to use. As part of their service, Cloudflare DNS Firewall protects you from unwanted and brute-force attempts.
- For one year, you can get a free domain name with many extensions, such as com, in, net, tech, shop, shot, and more.
- With Let’s Encrypt SSL, you can get a free SSL certificate.
- Installing WordPress is quick and easy.
- It costs at least USD 2.99 a month.
- Money-back promise for 30 days.
- Free money for Google Ads.
- Bandwidth that doesn’t limit and 100 GB or more of SSD storage.
Another web hosting company is HostGator, which is based in Houston, Texas, USA. You can get shared hosting, an AI web builder, WordPress hosting, VPS hosting, or private hosting from them. To help you learn more about the hosting services, they also offer video guides and live chat tech support.
- If you buy for 12 months, you get a free domain.
- You can get a free SSL certificate from Comodo. It has up to 256-bit encryption and uses strong 2048-bit signatures.
- Install WordPress with just one click.
- The price starts at $2.64 a month.
- Money-back promise for 45 days.
- You can get $100 free for Google AdWords.
- Storage and speed are unlimited.
DreamHost is a good web company that has been around since 1997. Their goal is to offer cheap, good web hosting. DreamHost gives shared hosting, cloud hosting, dedicated hosting, and VPS hosting, just like other web hosts.
- People who buy a plan for at least one year get a free domain name for one year.
- No cost SSL certificate
- WordPress already installed.
- The price starts at $2.59 a month.
- Money-back promise for 97 days.
- Email and internet are unlimited.
- Backing up automatically and an SSD hard drive.
- Free privacy for your domain name and free automatic WordPress migrations with plugins.
To get people to believe our websites, we need to make sure they are safe. When a website is hacked or otherwise exposed, information about its users is shared on the “dark web.” A lot of well-known computer apps are hacked. There will always be security holes, but we can avoid them by making sure apps are secure. There are many server companies that are working hard to make things safer.
This page lists the pros and cons of different web hosting services. By reviewing what they have to offer, you can pick the hosting company that best fits your needs.